So you want to learn about the golden hour, huh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. We’ll tell you what it is and why we prefer this time of day to others.
You may or may not have noticed that all of our open availability for sessions are in the early morning at dawn or in the evening before sunset. We do have some daytime sessions available, but we prefer to shoot during what we call the “Golden Hours”. During these times, the lighting is absolutely perfect.
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot, so you’re able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During Golden Hours, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- We can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is coming up or going down on the horizon.